When Labour took back control of the City Council in 2014, one of the first thing we did was to appoint Polly Plouviez as Chesterton Coordinator
- the Lib Dems voted against this when in charge!
- 7 shops were empty — now there are 2!
- Christmas lights shone bright for the 1st time
- We have had 2 successful markets
- “Increasingly lively mix of pubs, cafes and shops." Cambridge News 11th March 2016
Meanwhile officers at the City Council are working with groups like Friends of Mitcham's Corner to create an Opportunity Area and sort out the roads.
Mike Sargeant says “I am very pleased to have secured funding for the Chesterton Coordinator.”