A planning application has been lodged for 156—160 Chesterton Road. Previously the application approved was for Student Accommodation. It is now for 27 x studio and 14 x 1 bed units for private rental. The application also fronts onto Sandy Lane where there will be cycle and vehicle access.
There will only be car parking for 2 disabled spaces and no provision of affordable housing on site. Local residents may want to consider the impact of car parking on local streets .
You have until 25th August to comment on this application.
Grounds that will be considered include whether
- the proposal accords with planning policy for Cambridge
- the proposed use is suitable for the area
- the design, appearance and size of the new building is in keeping with the surrounding area
- the external alterations are in character with the existing property
- adjoining properties will be overshadowed, overlooked or will suffer a loss of privacy
- there will be any increase in noise and disturbance
- there is adequate car parking, cycle, refuse and storage facilities
Detail and comments are at :
idox.cambridge.gov.uk/online-applications/ or to Planning Services, Cambridge City Council, PO Box 700, Cambridge CB1 0JH . The Reference is 17/1032/FUL