Over 150 residents met at Chesterton Community College in January at the Local Liaison Forum (LLF).
Outcomes of residents, stakeholders and officers’ workshops and concept design groups were outlined by the project team.
Residents engaged in a rigorous review of diagrams illustrating modelling outcomes, with interests of pedestrians emphasised and safety features of crossings for cyclists, walkers and car drivers being carefully scrutinised.
Summing up, Cllr Jocelynne Scutt, LLF Chair, expressed her sincere thanks to residents ‘for their sterling efforts to develop a scheme ensuring residents’ interests were prominent, with Milton Road and neighbouring streets recognised as a residential neighbourhood as well as a prominent route into Cambridge’.
She observed: ‘Working together has meant the developing scheme has many elements we can all support. We now have more time to sort out detail on bus lanes, trees & landscaping, walking and cycling.’ Residents’ voices will continue to be heard – and listened to.
Over 150 residents met at Chesterton Community College in January at the Local Liaison Forum (LLF). Outcomes of residents, stakeholders and officers’ workshops and concept design groups were outlined by...
A planning application has been lodged for the Tivoli:
- Retain frontage
- Build 16 x 1 and 2 bedroom apartments
- A commercial unit on the ground floor
You have until 26th January to comment on this application.
As your local Labour councillors and members we are very concerned about this application which would mean the loss of the Tivoli pub and we will be submitting objections which will cover a wide range of concerns including:
- The owners, Wetherspoon are responsible for this much loved building and should be taking responsibility for rebuilding the pub rather than seeing it as an investment opportunity
- The impact of the proposed building in terms of its height and mass as seen from both Mitcham’s Corner and Jesus Green
- The application documents are of very poor quality and a substantial number of vital documents such as a transport statement or any justification for the loss of the pub are not included.
Detail and comments are at idox.cambridge.gov.uk/online-applications/
or to Planning Services, Cambridge City Council, PO Box 700, Cambridge CB1 0JH
The Reference is 17/1771/FUL
We’d also welcome your views and comments.
A planning application has been lodged for the Tivoli: Retain frontage Build 16 x 1 and 2 bedroom apartments A commercial unit on the ground floor You have until 26th...
Your Labour Team is getting the most out of funding available to local areas:
- Resurfacing of the path through to Arbury Court
- Double yellow lines at junctions
- Additional seating for weary legs
- Speed display unit to discourage speeding
- Cycling improvements in Manhattan Drive / Cutter Ferry Path
- New fencing in Hawthorn Way and Chestnut Grove
Your ideas and concerns:
Please let us know : West Chesterton Labour. FREEPOST 9653, Alex Wood Hall, Norfolk Street, Cambridge CB1 2LD
Your Labour Team is getting the most out of funding available to local areas: Resurfacing of the path through to Arbury Court Double yellow lines at junctions Coming soon: Additional...
More Stories >
The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.
Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.
To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.